1.Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.
2.From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
4.I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.
5. For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name.
6.Thou wilt prolong the king’s life: and his years as many generations.
7.He shall abide before God for ever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him.
8.So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows.
“ Some people object to taking vows, but in the Bible you will find many great men of God directed by covenants, promises, vows and pledges. A carnal man refuses the discipline of such commitments. He says “I want to be free. It is legalism.” There are many religious tramps in the world who will not be bound by anything. Now here are five vows I have in mind which we do well to make and keep.
1. Deal thoroughly with sin.
2. Never own anything ie. Get rid of the sense of possessing.
3. Never defend yourself.
4. Never pass anything on about anybody else that will hurt him
5. Never accept any glory.” A. W. Tozer
“Pour Out Thy Spirit from on High”
by James Montgomery, 1771-1854
1. Pour out Thy Spirit from on high,
Lord, Thine assembled servants bless;
Graces and gifts to each supply
And clothe Thy priests with righteousness.
2. Before Thine altar when we stand
To teach the truth as taught by Thee,
Savior, like stars in Thy right hand
The angels of Thy churches be.
3. Wisdom and zeal and faith impart,
Firmness with meekness, from above,
To bear Thy people on our heart
And love the souls whom Thou dost love;
4. To watch and pray and never faint
By day and night strict guard to keep,
To warn the sinner, cheer the saint,
Nourish Thy lambs, and feed Thy sheep.
5. Then, when our work is finished here,
We may in hope our charge resign.
When the Chief Shepherd shall appear,
O God, may they and we be Thine.
Oh Lord this is our prayer, Thy will be done in our lives,
In your strength keeping covenants, vows and promises
made, to thy honor and glory Amen.