A wife to love and live with in peace
Ephesians 5:25 Husbands love you wives as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself for it
Advice for young men who desire a wife to consider.
1. Choose a Christian for a wife who loves God and His word. "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" 2nd Corinthians 6:14 "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" Amos 3:3
2. Don't marry until you can love the lady you desire to marry completely with out reservation.
3. Don't hurry into marriage, until you get to know her as she is with all her faults, which could cause you to despise your wife after you are married.
4. Remember God commands you to love one who has forsaken all others for you. One who is contented to be your wife in good times and bad times, through joy and sorrow as long as life will last.
5. Always magnify her strengths and minimize her weaknesses. Remember you also have your weak and strong points.
6. As women are affectionate and passionate, they also expect the same love and affection from you. "My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies." Song of Solomon 2;16
7. Thank her always and be ready to praise her for her efforts to make the home you will establish a happy joyful place. "Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her." Proverbs 31:28
8. Don't stir up anger in your wife. Remember what the bible says ""For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God" James 1:20
9. Smother her with love and kindness, you will find it returns many times over.
10. Two sinners saved by God's infinite grace are getting married. Remember to always have forgiveness toward your wife, as Christ has forgiven you, so also you forgive her. Know for sure that this side of heaven, neither of you will be without the need of forgiving each other.
11. The man and wife who pray together stay together. "And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
This advise is good for all who would be married, and for all of us who are married.
Pastor Mark Matson
The victory over worry and fear.
Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:6
The victory over a worried and troubled heart is a greater knowledge of God's presence. When you find fear and anxiety welling up in your heart; call upon Jesus in prayer. Jesus said "men (all of us) ought always to pray and not to faint." Tell Him all your trouble, ask for the way forward to be lighted by His presence; for His promise is, I will never leave you or forsake you. Seek answers and solace in the word of God. The Holy Spirit that is within will illuminate the heart and mind, bringing peace and calmness. Then thank the Lord for all the blessings He has freely bestowed upon an unworthy sinner. From our good God comes every good gift. He never changes. In Sunday School we learned to worship our great God with prayer praise and thanksgiving. We should avail ourselves often; there is great benefit in so doing. Finally with the song writer, "Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in light of His glory and grace."
<< Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next >>